Choosing to undergo breast augmentation is a big decision. In making this decision, you want to make sure you have an experienced surgeon who will work closely with you to achieve your desired results. Dr. Leverett at Body By Leverett is known for his use of the dual plane technique to give patients that may be a candidate for a breast lift a pleasing result without a breast lift scar. Let’s go over exactly what this means and how it benefits you for the ultimate surgical result.
What is the Dual Plane Technique?
The dual plane breast augmentation technique refers to the placement of the breast implants in the chest. While a traditional submuscular breast augmentation places the implant completely underneath the pectoralis major muscle, a dual plane breast augmentation places the upper portion of the breast implant under the muscle and the lower portion of the implant over the muscle. This type of treatment allows for a more natural-looking lift to the breasts post-surgery.
What are the Benefits of Dual Plane Breast Augmentation?
There are many benefits to getting a dual plane breast augmentation done by Dr. Leverett at Body By Leverett, including:
- Adds volume to the breasts
- Provides a more natural-looking lifted appearance
- Only requires one discrete incision
- Reduces the rate of capsular contracture (scar tissue formation)
- Minimizes distortion for mammography
Am I a Good Candidate for a Dual Plane Breast Augmentation?
If your breasts appear low or are close in measurement to being in need of a breast lift, a dual plane breast augmentation might be right for you. This surgical solution is ideal for lifting the breasts without resulting in the scars associated with a traditional breast lift. Dr. Leverett will be more than happy to evaluate your candidacy during your one-on-one consultation.
What Type of Implants Can I use with Dual Plane Breast Augmentation?
Choosing a dual plane breast augmentation doesn’t mean limiting your breast implant options. At Body By Leverett, we offer three different types of breast implants.
- MemoryGel® silicone breast implants. These breast implants are filled with a cohesive silicone gel that mimics the natural look and feel of the breast.
- Natrelle® silicone breast implants. Also dubbed the “gummy bear” implants, these breast implants are offered in a variety of different shapes to create a more natural-looking appearance.
- Saline breast implants. Filled with a saltwater solution, saline breast implants are the more affordable breast implant option of the three.
What is Recovery Like After Dual Plane Breast Augmentation?
Recovering from your dual plane breast augmentation is going to be similar to recovering from your traditional breast augmentation. Patients usually require five to seven days off of work to fully recuperate following their procedure. While muscle soreness may last 10 to 14 days following your breast augmentation, we recommend waiting about four weeks to return to your regular exercise routine.
Don’t forget to check out our breast augmentation before and after photos to see the beautiful, natural-looking results you can expect with the dual plane technique. Call our office today to schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Leverett.